Indian Student Requirements
FAA/DGAC Helicopter Commercial Pilot Program
The general procedure to obtaining flight training at Classic Helicopter Corp is as follows:
- Obtaining an M-1 VISA
TSA Registration and Training Request to AFSP
- I-20 Form
- Bank Financial Statement
- CHC International Admission Application
- Letter of Acceptance
- SEVIS Registration
You will register with SEVIS after you receive I-20 form and the letter of acceptance
- Cost= US$200 (pay by credit card)
- Print Proof of Payment
- Print Form I-901
Apply for M-1 VISA
- Visit the nearest authorized HDFC bank for the payment of the Visa Fee.
Cost= US$130 (payable in Rupees in equivalent value)
Receive the proof of your payment with bar code
Upload photocopies of the first and last page of your passport on to your PC
Have the record of all the schools you have attended handy
Log on to www.vfs-usa.co.in
Complete Form DS156, DS157, DS158 as necessary
Print those forms
Make an appointment for Visa Interview and print the letter
- VISA Interview at US Embassy
Documents you need for the interview.
◦CHC Letter of acceptance
DS 156,157 and 158 as necessary
I-901 proof of payment
- Passport size photo
Getting Ready to Depart India
- All foreign students must register with TSA (Transportation Security Administration) and receive an approval to initiate flight training from AFSP (Alien Flight School Program)
- Register with TSA
- Cost= US$130
- Log on to www.flightschoolcandidates.gov
- Register and receive User Name and Password
- Log back on and start application.
- You need to upload your passport photo, have it ready
- Complete all the steps and pay the fee by credit card
- You will receive a finger print instruction e-mail within 2-3 days
- Print the finger print instruction
You are allowed to enter USA 30 days prior to your start date shown on the I-20 form but no later than the start date.
It is advised that you obtain an FAA 2nd Class Medical before you depart India. For a list of medical examiners, please visit http://ame.cami.jccbi.gov.
Travel and Medical Insurance
We recommend you obtaining a Travel and Medical Insurance before you leave India. Ask you travel agency for information.
If you are taking any kind for prescription, advise your Dr. and get a refill for at least 5 months.
The climate is Seattle is pretty mild, however, we recommend to bring a warm jacket or coat.
- Arriving Seattle International Airport
- US Customs
US Custom officer will ask you a few question such as purpose of visit, how long you are staying, where are you staying, etc. Please answer as appropriately. And also your fingerprint will be taken.
- Pick Up
CHC will have somebody to meet you at Baggage Claim Area and will provide transportation to your place to stay.
- First Day at Classic Helicopter Corp.
The first thing we need to do is to get you enrolled in our course. We also issue you all the book and material necessary for your flight training. We also need to take a picture of your face to upload to TSA website.
- TSC Finger Print
We will make an appointment to take your fingerprint at ALTEON to submit to TSC. You will receive an approval to initiate flight training form AFSP in 2-3 Days.
- Start Flight Training